2.13.2012

Valentines

I was inspired by these "You Are Cute as a Button" Valentines over on Thirty Handmade Days. However, the girls my daughter is exchanging Valentines with don't all have pierced ears, and would probably get hurt with a pin button. So we made button hair clips instead. I designed a quick circular shaped printable to go with it. I had planned on stitching around the border of the printable, but time got the best of me, so they are left in this simple state. I don't think the girls will mind. 

The Purl Bee has a great snap clip tutorial. I've used it in the past as directed, but this time, I simply hot glued the felt pieces together instead of stitching. Then I made some fabric covered buttons, and grabbed  a few plastic buttons as well, then hot glued them on to the felt.

It's a simple printable, but it's here for free to download. 


Two valentines print per 8.5 x 11 sheet, and I used a five inch circle cut. My daughter glued on some buttons over the "O" in BUTTON, then I cut a 1/2inch slit to stick the clip through. Simple as that!

Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Amazon Affiliate